new one

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Springtime has arrived








My first Polo which looked adorable on me. Dad and Mom will read Blake and Blair bedtime stories before going to bed each night. It was pretty crazy this week because we would sit on the couch and read then Josh would walk Blake to his room and I would take Blair and lay her down. We then were both quietly tip toeing out of the room at the same time.






Happy 3rd Birthday Blake!!
We had Blake's 3rd birthday at Chuck-E-Cheeses. He had a great time playing with his friends (mostly Macie) He got lots of good presents. Nana carried on her tradition (just like with me when I was a kid) of letting the birthday boy go and pick out a present. Erika and Jax took Blake to Build a Bear yesterday and let him build a bear that he named Cody (after some horse him and Macie rode at the Stock Show with Nonnie & Pappy) He got to do the Merry Go Round at the Mall and get him and Jax's picture taken with the Easter Bunny. They had a fun day and Josh and I had a restful afternoon, LOL!





Blake loves to hold Blair and give her lots of kisses and hugs. He even wants her to play Ring Around the Rosy with him. He can't understand why she isn't more fun yet. It is quite a task keeping him occupied while I am nursing and such. I have just found it easier and less stressful on me to turn him on a 30 minute show that way I can keep him occupied.






Blake likes to be held when you are holding Blair. Here is them with Daddy before he leaves for work in the morning. Jax also loves Blair. We have met them on Wednesdays to play at the park. We have also met Rachel, Macie and Weston a couple times too. Blake loves anytime he gets to play with Macie. Lucky for him Easter is next weekend so we will be seeing them a lot!



Blair has been a great baby so far (knock on wood) She will be 8 weeks on Monday and this past week we have quit trying to stay up till 10 and feed her. Instead we are feeding her about 6 oz around 7:30-8pm and she has been sleeping till 5am! I am so impressed. Guess that babywise has once again saved the day. She will go to the doctor for her checkup around the 6th, so I can't wait to see how much she weighs. She still looks pretty tiny to me, but I think it could be because she is so long. After she eats she will smile at you and it melts my heart. I can't believe how lucky I am to have her!




We took Blake and Blair to the Sea Life Aquarium in Grapevine when she was 2 weeks old. We went to the Rainforest Cafe afterwards. I guess Blake had fun. It seems like anything Josh and I think he would love he doesn't tend to. He would rather play on a playground I think than go to expensive museums and exhibits most of the time. Since I have been home we have been having regular playdates at chick-fila on Tuesdays with Abby & Dean. They play pretty good together and it wears him out before nap time. Blake has done a great job adjusting, even though you see him trying to squeeze himself into her car seat; )




0 comments: